2.21.2010

RIP, us.

Did they tell life would be easy an uncomplicated after a point? That friends would last forever and compromises would cease. Did you ever dream of a time, when you would be surrounded by intellectual equals and mad-hatters in a personal wonderland?

It's been two years since college started. It's not any easier and life can only become more tangled in the real world. Compromises I made with people have ceased, only to haunt me back as regrets. How child like I seem to myself, thinking I could be happy with a bunch like them. Poshlust, I believe is what I fooled myself with. It isn't like the girl I knew, to have made friends so easy to let go off.

I miss their presence, yet never our conversations. I miss our sojourns, yet not their alcohol fueled revelations. I miss our togetherness, the way we laughed and the little mannerisms meant only for each other. It's like losing a lover you only loved for the sake of not being lonely. But tell me dear readers, be honest. Am I acting silly, or are some memories simply disposable?

#Lesson for today: There's no point in acting sweet, they can't see through us anyway.

3 comments:

Deboleena said...

:(
Ohboy, did I. Hasn't worked out for me, yet. Have let go of the dream.

That is one lesson it took a very long time to learn.

Soin said...

disposed they can not be,superimposed yes..silly i can not say but for bod you are not..free

Lemon Girl said...

@ Sugar: I haven't yet. I've you & Sherry to keep me going for now.

Yes, it did. But then it wouldn't have been worth it if we'd learnt it too fast.

@ Soin: Superimposition, hmmm. That is a new perspective, I'll be pondering on that for a long time. And well, thanks.